According to the World Health Organization (WHO), 80% of heart disease, stroke, and type 2 diabetes, and 40% of cancer could be prevented, primarily with improvements to diet and lifestyle. What is the link amongst all these risk factors?
Chronic Inflammation, once merely considered the body’s healing response, is now the subject of close scrutiny as a key component of many diseases. Arthritis and inflammation have been linked for decades, but the inflammatory response is also taking centre stage in heart disease, metabolic syndrome, PCOS, cancer, diabetes, asthma and Alzheimer’s disease. Preliminary research shows an association of inflammation with diet, activity and other lifestyle choices.
In our Anti-Inflammation Lifestyle program, we help you to build a personalised plan, tailored for you. We at iHealth, believe in improving vitality by giving the body the correct foods and nutrients it requires as well as other lifestyle influencers. Everyone has a different biochemistry, genetic makeup and nutrient needs, so what works for you, may not work for someone else. As a Medical Doctor, Lifestyle Medicine Physician and Certified Fertility Nutrition Advisor, Dr Suvarna utilises science-based tools to pinpoint the unique needs of each client and to build a personalised program that works.
For us to design a specific plan for you, we undertake a few assessments that evaluate the following:
- Your current health status by evaluating diet, physical activity, sleep, stress, toxic substances and personal connections.
- Your goals
- Your lifestyle factors that are driving inflammation in your body and therefore increasing your risk of cardiovascular disease, Diabetes, cancer, autoimmune diseases and accelerating aging.
This programme is virtual and consists of three sessions with Dr Suvarna:
- You complete a questionnaire prior to your first appointment
- Session 1: lifestyle assessment and identifying your goals, after which we review all the information and establish an appropriate program for you (60 mins)
- Session 2 : we review the plan together and establish SMART goals (30mins)
- Session 3: follow up to monitor your progress and fine tune (30 mins)
Bonus: 4-week unlimited consultations with Dr Suvarna via email/watsapp which commences on the day of the first appointment. Responses are during office hours only.